New Site Owner FAQs
Learn about common billing and administrative tasks performed by a Pantheon Drupal or WordPress site owner.
When you become a site owner, you receive administrator permissions to manage the billing information, team members, and site settings.
How do I add and remove team members?
Add a Team Member
In the Team modal, enter the email address of the user, and click Add Team Member.
Once the user has been added to the project, they will receive a welcome email notifying them that they are now a member of the site's team. This will allow them to access the site's codebase, create backups, mark the site as private, clear your sites' caches, sync content, and perform updates.
Remove a Team Member
All users can be removed except the site owner.
In the Team modal, click the X next to the user you want to delete.
When you delete a user from a site, they lose the ability to perform any operations on that site.
For more information on managing teams, see the Team Management article.
How do I add a Supporting Agency?
One of the best things about Pantheon is the ability to collaborate with agencies and shops on web projects. If you have contracted with a Pantheon Partner Agency, you can add them to the site as a Supporting Organization, which will give their company access to help build, launch, or maintain your site:
- Click Team in the upper-right of the Site Dashboard.
- Select Add Supporting Organization at the bottom of the team management window.
- Enter the complete name of the agency. An exact match is required.
- Check that the agency is the one you expected.
- Click Add Agency to make them a supporting organization.
What add-ons are available for my site?
- Apache Solr is a system for indexing and searching site content. Pantheon provides Apache Solr v3.6 as a service for most plans including the Sandbox site plan.
- Redis is an open-source, networked, in-memory, key-value data store that can be used as a drop-in caching backend for your Drupal or WordPress website.
Pantheon also offers New Relic Pro to our customers, built into the Site Dashboard. New Relic offers a wide array of metrics that provide a nearly real-time look into the performance of a web application.
How do I enable add-ons?
From your Site Dashboard, click Settings, then click Add Ons. You will see all the available add-ons for your site.
You can access New Relic Pro directly from the Site Dashboard, by clicking on New Relic.
Can I downgrade my site to a Basic plan?
Yes. However, if you have Solr and/or Redis add ons enabled, they will break when you go down to Basic plan level. For more information, see Manage Plans in the Site Dashboard.
How do I change site service levels?
From your Site Dashboard, click Settings. Select a plan, and click Update Plan. Next, enter the payment information or invite someone to pay for the site, and click Purchase Plan.
Can I update or change the payment method?
You can update the payment method in the Settings page. For detailed instructions, see Account Billing in the User Dashboard.
Can I pay for my site on an annual or quarterly basis instead of monthly?
Self-serve sites are billable via recurring monthly or annual billing. Sites that are owned by a Reseller, Edu+, or Enterprise organization are invoiced to the organization.
Can I transfer ownership of a site to someone else?
This is the most common way agencies handle billing. Single-site businesses can also use this method when site ownership needs to be transferred to someone else within the company. The invitation will guide the recipient through adding their payment method to the site for the designated plan.
We recommend communicating with the business owner well in advance of sending an invitation. It's a good idea to have them notify you once they've upgraded so you can continue the going live procedure. Feel free to share the Site Owner FAQ guide with them.
This process will transfer ownership of the site. The account paying for the site is automatically assigned the Site Owner role. Agencies maintain access by being associated as a Supporting Organization.
- From the Pantheon Site Dashboard, click Settings.
- Click Transfer ownership and billing for this site. If the site is not yet on a paid plan, the option will read Invite a business owner to pay for this site
Enter the intended site owner’s email.
The business owner will get an email that directs them to create a Pantheon account or log in to an existing account. Once inside, they need to provide their contact and billing info.
- If the site is not already associated with your agency, ask the new site owner to add your agency as a Supporting Organization so you can continue the going live procedure on their behalf.
Enterprise Organizations can use the same process to assume ownership of a site; however, Agency Partners do not have the ability to own sites directly.
For Sandbox sites, the site owner can click Team, then click Make Owner next to the team member who should receive ownership of the site.
Resellers should contact Pantheon Support directly if you need to transfer ownership.