Accessing an Account After the Owner Leaves
Learn how to access an account and set a new owner to a Drupal or WordPress site.
Site ownership is a self-service feature, and Pantheon does not transfer ownership from one owner to another. Best practice is to own your site in your name with a permanently reachable email.
This article will help you gain access to an account if a site owner has left the agency or project, and you do not have the login information.
The Email Address is Known
- Go to the Password Reset page.
- Enter the previous owner's email address, and click Request reset link.
- Work with your email administrator so you can use the reset link to gain access.
- After you sign in, update the email address to an existing employee.
The Email and Password are Unknown
- Sign up for a Pantheon account if you don't already have one.
- Notify an existing team member that you need access to the account and give them your email address. The team member should contact you directly to confirm who you are and give you to the access to that site’s Dashboard. For instructions on adding and inviting new team members, see Team Management.
- Once you have access, add your credit card to the site to make your account the site owner.