Required Reading: Essential Pantheon Documentation
Recommended documentation to learn about Pantheon Website Management Platform's technologies.
Pantheon is not web hosting. It is a highly-tuned, distributed, and instantly scalable web platform. Pantheon also integrates development best practices and tools into the platform, to get the developer back to writing code, not configuring servers and carrying pagers.
Our tech includes NGINX, PHP, Redis, Global CDN, Solr and Git—common tools in web development. You don't have to configure them, but an understanding of how they interact with your applications on Pantheon is important. Review the following must-read list to ensure developer success.
Get to Know Pantheon
- Quick Start
- Using the Pantheon Workflow
- All About Application Containers
- Platform Considerations
- HTTPS on Pantheon's Global CDN
- Migrate Sites to Pantheon
- rsync and SFTP
- Configuring settings.php or Configuring wp-config.php
- Drupal Drush Command-Line Utility
- Cron for WordPress or Cron for Drupal
- Optimization for Pantheon and the Cloud
- New Relic Pro
- Applying Upstream Updates
- Global CDN Caching for High Performance
- Installing Redis on Drupal or WordPress
- Drupal Performance and Caching Settings
- SSO and Identity Federation on Pantheon
- Backup Creation