In this lesson, we'll add the Slack extension to PagerDuty so your team can acknowledge and resolve incidents within a channel.
- Login to your PagerDuty account and go to Configuration > Extensions, then click + New Extension.
- For the new service, use the following configuration:
- Select Slack as extension type
- Enter "example.com" as the name of the extension
- Select example.com as the service
- Select Actions available to any Slack user
- Check all 3 options: Resolves, Acknowledgements, Assignment Changes
Select the channel to which you’d like PagerDuty to send messages and then Authorize the integration. We recommend using project specific channels:
Go to Configuration > Services, and click the icon next to your existing service then click + New Incident:
Create a new incident:
This will automatically send notifications to whoever is on-call via SMS and email immediately, in addition to showing up in Slack. The person on-call can acknowledge and resolve the incident through email, SMS, Slack, or from within PagerDuty.